The Netrek Cinema contains collections of Netrek game snapshots and recordings submitted by various players over the years. If you would like to submit your own recordings, please let me know.the Take File or the mirror in Europe.
Theo Tonchev wrote a Java client to allow observing, recording, and playback of Netrek games. A new Java client, called JTrek, was written by Robert Temple, possibly based on Theo's original work. Take a look at the JTrek client.
*SMACK!* Pack RecordingsThese MPEGs were created by Steve Samorodin (Sven, da Swedish Chef) during the Spring 1995 season. Descriptions quoted from *SMACK!* Pack's homepage.
- Zephlin as a rewly base defender (57k MPEG (496x496)). Here you can see Zephlin making super-clue move eliminating 4 of the opposition with his selfless sacrifice. Also try viewing the HUGE VERSION (520k MPEG (1008x540)) the full tactical, galactic and message window to get the big picture on just how major a save this was.
- Zephlin's rewly take (350K MPEG (496x496)), under heavy pressure from the opposition he prevails.
Mojo Riser's Personal Doosh SnapshotsThese snapshots were taken by Tom Holub (Mojo Riser) using a beta 256 color Paradise client. He has kindly made them available to the Cinema for your entertainment. Just watch him rewl over (and get rewled by? :) his enemies...
- Ogging base, teammate just blew.
- Ogging base, SMACK denied!
- Playing base, 2 oggers CRUSHED.
- Playing base, lots of screen action.
- Playing base, PHASER SHOT TO THE HEAD.
- Base-on-base, outnumbered...
- ...and the result.
- Revenge ogg.
- Last Rites.
- AGRI take, ogger uncloaking.
- Ogger? What ogger?
Paradise Client Game RecordingsWoah!!! Check out some serious action! You can find partial or entire game session recordings below.
These movies use the Paradise client's "Record Game" feature, so you'll need a Paradise client to view the game. Simply download the client for your architecture, download the game recording (ending with a ".prec"), then watch the show by invoking the client with the "-F " flag, e.g. "paradise -F mygame.prec".
- Zephlin's Collection - The following recordings have rather long sessions of pre-game warm-ups included, so you may wish to fast-forward over them. I'll edit them out eventually. I really sucked in a few of these games...
- Fuzzy Bunny's (John Salomon) Netrek II: Paradise recordings